Monday, March 2, 2009

The other thing that makes me groan and sweat

The more I work out the hotter I feel. And the more sex I have. And enjoy. Because I’m comfortable enough with my body to let my brain shut down and just enjoy the ride (ahem*).

On the flip side, the less I’m working out, the worse I feel. And yes, I could remedy that by working out, feeling great again and hopping back in the saddle. But I don’t. Instead, all I want to do is wallow and eat marshmallows, ice cream, a pie (yes – the whole thing).

I realize that I am not alone in this. It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out – duh, being healthy feels good. But what the fuck do we do when we fall into the rut? That seems to be impossible to figure out.

Suggest whatever you want. The answer is probably “go fork yourself”.

Work out – “Thanks for affirming that I’m fat. Go fork yourself”

Maybe you should talk to a therapist … - “Thanks for thinking I’m crazy. Go fork yourself. And that man in the white suit behind you”

Maybe you need to get in touch with your inner self, to value yourself as a unique being. I know that meditation and yoga have worked for … – “Go fork yourself”

See what I mean?

No comments:

Post a Comment